[ petite ] canvases

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I've long struggled with the universal dilemma, to print or not to print?  ... wait, you mean you don't agonize over this question, too? ;)

I often get requests for more affordable alternatives of my work and to make prints of my originals, but have been torn between satisfying these requests and maintaining the value and integrity of my originals.

As a compromise, a few months ago I began painting with gouache on paper.

And now, today, I'm introducing a couple mini oil paintings on canvas.  I LOVE this petite size so much, that I'll admit, I've kept a few for myself.  They are the perfect size for a desk or table top, and come with a wooden easel for easy display.  And are a great opportunity for a budding art collector to own an original oil painting, just on a smaller scale.  I personally adore the intimate size because you can appreciate all the little details and nuances so much more. 

let it be me, oil on canvas, 5" x 7"
minimalist, oil on canvas, 5" x 7"

I've listed these paintings in my Etsy store, where I'll be keeping my smaller paintings.  You can get to my Etsy store by clicking here, or clicking on the little "E" on the left.

Let me know what you think!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amaryllis Truth Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger