[ disconnect ] + get away

Monday, June 17, 2013


I'm taking a mini-getaway to disconnect and refresh.  For the next two weeks, I'll be living in a quaint cottage on an apple orchard in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. (its nice having friends in cool places, especially when they ask you to house sit ;)

there's no internet in the cottage... I'm currently typing this in a grocery store, the only wi-fi "cafe" in the area except for McDonalds.  I'm looking forward to taking a break from the constant chatter of wedding planning and TMZ (to be fair I tried getting on TMZ already, but it's blocked here for "questionable content", gotta love the bible belt :) guess I'll have to wait to find out the name of Kimye's baby...

I will have my phone with me, with limited access to my e-mail.  I'll do my best to return any e-mails on a relatively timely basis.  My shop is still open, with many new paintings listed. Although I'm away from my studio, I have brought my watercolors and sketchpads with me as I constantly seek inspiration within this new landscape.  Any orders placed while I'm away, will be shipped when I return - July 1st.  If it is urgent, please contact me and I can see what I can work out.

A life update: Mark and I may have found our new home.  I'm so excited I can barely stand it... this past year we have put many things on pause, as Mark completes an apprenticeship on a grassfed livestock farm here in Virginia.  It's where he needs to be, to prepare us for the future... but it's just that - preparation.  I'm ready to stop planning, and get started.  And finally being able to envision us in a home, being able to tangibly see our future, is almost more than I can take.  Just six more months until Mark is back, and we can move forward.

But with that said, for the next two weeks, I hope to just be present.  To not continually look to the future, and instead be more aware of the now.  Be appreciative that I can drop everything and runaway for two weeks - something that I will probably never be able to do again. 

Make the most of each day, and explore.


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amaryllis Truth Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger