Hello [ Monaco ]

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8


Did I ever tell you that Color Theory was one of my favorite classes in school?  -- the way colors interact, change, evolve.  I'm not exactly sure what theory Pantone uses to determine their color projections, but more times than not, they are exactly spot on. 

The ultimate authority on color (in all things -- life, art, fashion, design), Pantone, has chosen this beauty Monaco Blue for their color of Spring 2013.  A drastic change of pace compared to the bold and bright 2012 color of the year, Tangerine Tango (how do you get the job of naming the colors-- because I want it. That, or the job to name OPI nail polishes ;) but right in sync with my work, if I do say so myself.

It dwells somewhere in between cobalt and indigo, and I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of this winter and spring.  Practical, timeless, while still making a statement.

Check out the other top 10 colors of the season at Refinery29's article on color trends.  My other two favorites are Linen and Grayed Jade.  What about you?

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amaryllis Truth Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger