[ inside the studio ] gouache

Thursday, June 14, 2012


I've been playing around with the idea of selling prints of my work for a while now... providing a more affordable opportunity to own my work.  And I'm not saying that I never will make prints of my work, but for now, I've decided on a better (I think) solution... small gouache paintings on paper! This way they will be more accessible and cost less than $100, but for your own original piece of art instead of a copy.

Gouache is a fancy word for a water-based paint that lives somewhere between acrylic and watercolor (more opaque compared to watercolor), and my favorite medium to sketch with.  I haven't worked with it in a year or two since my color theory class in college, and I've forgotten how much I love it.  Now I can hardly stop using it!  Don't get me wrong, oil painting is my passion, but there is something so nice about being able to paint with just some water and a paper towel, and have it dry in minutes instead of days :)

I will be listing these small paintings in my shop within the next few weeks once I have a few more finished.  But in the meantime, here is a sneak peek!  They are 5 x 7 in, and 8 x 8 in. on archival 9 x 12 in. watercolor paper, and would look lovely framed!  I can't wait to frame a few for my own in-progress gallery wall :)


if interested in any of the paintings above, e-mail me amaryllistruth [at] gmail.com

happy thursday, friends!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amaryllis Truth Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger