[ Favorites } Warm Potato Salad

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So today I'm sharing one of my FAVORITE foods,  
Warm Potato Salad.  
Perfected by my boyfriend's mom; 
a delicious simple, summer picnic treat.
(Have you heard of my insane obsession with vinegar ... this satisfies it spectacularly)

For 4 servings...

So this recipe exchange totally snuck up on me and I ran out of time to make and photograph... soo... I've kindly appropriated this pic from Bay Area Bites blog.  (Click on the pic for the exact link!, and Thank you!)


4 potatoes (red potatoes recommended)
4 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/3 cup of water
1/2 cup chopped green onions/chives
Salt & Pepper to taste

  1. Boil large pot of salted water. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. 
  2. Drain, cool and chop.
  3. Cook bacon in large skillet, and remove and crumble. Keep the bacon fat in skillet.
  4. Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
  5. Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and mix until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.

Photobucket

2 thoughts:

  1. oh my this looks amazing. thank you! those are some of my favorite ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What could be more perfect than potatoes and bacon!! I must try this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amaryllis Truth Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger