fall. in love.

Monday, October 3, 2011

it looks like fall is here to stay.  we actually caved and turned the heat on last night.  (I love going to bed in layers and all bundled up... but it makes it soo hard to wake up in the morning and leave the comforts of that cozy bed :)

this weekend I reunited with some of my best friends who I hadn't seen in months.  it was eerily surreal being back on campus and our favorite/only bar (it's a really small town) as if no time had passed at all, as if tomorrow I would see them all at brunch, stressing out about our senior thesis' and catching up on the gossip from the night before... but sadly we had to say goodbye, leave this neverland, and return to the real world.  I almost want to cry just thinking about it... so many memories. bittersweet moments.  but at the same time I am comforted in knowing that time may pass- we have new haircuts, and new jobs... but really nothing has changed.  we are the same bunch of crazy kids, who I feel so grateful to be able to call friends :) Love you all!

and now back to my real world...

I've been so inspired by this weather, the colors beginning to change, the scents in the air, the stillness of early morning walks with my pup, and pumpkin chai lattes- my saving grace to every long day.

last week, I opened the box to my 36 x 36 in. canvases... slightly intimidated.  For my senior thesis I worked on really large wood panels, but for some reason so much white space of a canvas seems entirely different, grander.

I want to capture the coolness and quietness of this weather, the ephemerality of the moment.

untitled, oil and cold wax medium on canvas, 36 x 36 inches.



I will be listing this piece shortly on my Etsy, but if you are interested and don't want to wait, feel free to e-mail me directly at amaryllistruth [@] gmail . com


I haven't yet decided what to title this piece... any suggestions?


4 thoughts:

  1. I LOVE this new painting. Eerie and beautiful and haunting. I swear if I were in the position to make a purchase like this there would be an Amaryllis Truth painting on one of my walls by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, your painting is beautiful. i love the color palette. i think your own words "ephemerality of the moment" would make a very lovely title :)

    i had a mini reunion this weekend, too- just with one friend from college. we drove down to dc together and it was sooo nice to be stuck in the car for hours and hours just catching up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amaryllistruth
    <-- that's what i was looking for
    Thesis Dissertation

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Amaryllis Truth Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger